These nutrient dense energy balls are one of my new favourite snacks! Loaded with healthy fats, protein and fiber, they’re the perfect snack to tide you over to your next meal time! The figs and date syrup provide the perfect amount of sweetness to counteract the bitter tahini whilst the coconut and figs provide a healthy dose of fats and fiber, making these a perfectly well-rounded snack (quite literally).
In my opinion, tahini is one of the most underrated superfoods out there; not only does it taste amazing but it’s a great source of protein along with being loaded with healthy fats, iron, potassium and magnesium. But don’t go thinking that it’s just for dressing salads or drizzling over your sweet potato – tahini also works surprisingly well in sweet recipes too, as these energy balls go to show!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 2 tbsp tahini
- tbsp + tsp date syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp himalayan salt
- Using either the mill blade of your blender or a food processor, grind the cashews until they reach a flour like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend for around a minute, until everything is mixed together nicely.
- Take small amounts of the mix and roll into balls – the mix yields around 10.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and then transfer to the fridge. They’ll keep well there for 1-2 weeks but I like to freeze batches so that I can mix and match flavours throughout the day. If doing this, simply transfer to the fridge around 30 minutes before eating and enjoy!
If you make these, don’t forget to tag me on instagram @nourishingyas x