If you’re not eating chocolate for breakfast, then I’m afraid you’re just not doing it right.
Nice cream has become my latest breakfast obsession and whilst I thought that my salted maca caramel and oat protein nice cream was as good as it could get, this chocolate variation may have gone and trumped it. Thick, creamy and loaded with chocolatey goodness, this makes the perfect alternative for when I don’t fancy a bowl of chocolate protein oats.
Don’t be quick to presume that this is unhealthy – despite it’s decadent taste, this breakfast bowl is relatively low in sugar, high in protein and packs in roughly 3 portions of your 5 a day! The hidden greens aspect comes from a cheeky serving of veggies – whilst I know most people reach for the fruit bowl in the morning, it is possible to sneak in some greens too and the best part is, you won’t even know that they’re there.
Growing up I was always told to stay away from chocolate for breakfast but unlike pre packaged flavoured milks or cereals, this breakfast bowl packs in so many wholefood ingredients and micronutrients so whilst it may taste like dessert, you can be assured that you’re nourishing your body with every mouthful and no one can tell you that eating chocolate for breakfast is unhealthy.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen courgette
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 scoop MissFits Chocolate protein powder (Get £5 off with the code* YASMIN5)
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- optional 1 tsp maca powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. And remember, patience is key here; don’t be tempted to add more liquid as this will alter the texture of the nice cream.
- Serve and add your toppings of choice, I love homemade granola, nut butters, tahini, chopped dates, fresh or frozen berries and even a salted caramel protein bar.
* This post contains an affiliate link and discount code, but all opinions remain my own.