You guessed it, another breakfast recipe that tastes just like (or in this case possibly even better than) dessert; rich cacao powder blended with frozen banana and indulgent vegan hazelnut spread makes this breakfast bowl taste exactly like nutella. And when its topped off with snickers granola, frozen raspbs and lashings of nut butter, it makes for the most indulgent breakfast, yet it’s totally justifiable thanks to the veggies, fruit and over 25g plant based protein that it packs in. Who needs a reason to eat chocolate for breakfast anyway?
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen courgette
- 1 heaping tbsp vegan chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla vegan protein powder (my favourites are Vivo Life Perform*, vega vero and vega team)
- unsweetened almond milk to blend
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Served and add your toppings of choice, my go to is homemade granola, crushed frozen raspberries and lashings of nut butter.
*This post contains an affiliate link, but all opinions remain my own.