This is a granola recipe which I’ve made countless times over the past year and remains one of my favourites – crunchy baked oats with caramelised nuts and seeds, all tied together with a sweet maple and vanilla undertone makes for the best nice cream topping. It’s great for adding an extra low sugar protein boost to your breakfast too, thanks to the protein rich oats, nuts, seeds and a scoop of my favourite vegan protein powder – making it the ideal post workout breakfast or snack.
- 1 and 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, blitzed until broekn
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 2.5 tbsp each coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- scoop of vanilla protein powder, my favourite is Vivo Life Perform*
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a small pan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat.
- Add the oats, seeds, protein powder and nuts to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Once the oil has melted, add the maple syrup, almond butter and cinnamon to the pan and stir over a low heat until fully combined.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix well, ensuring that everything is coated.
- Add the granola to the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure that it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown and fragrant and leave to cool fully before transferring to an airtight container, it will keep well here for up to a month.
- Serve as desired! It’s delicious alone with chilled almond milk, sprinkled on nut butter toast, blitzed in a smoothie or my favourite – generously scattered over nice cream with lashings of nut butter and frozen raspberries.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x
*This post contains an affiliate link, but all opinions remain my own.