If you’re not a tahini fan already then let this be the recipe that converts you. Being the tahini addict that I am, drizzling it over my veggie bowls sometimes just isn’t quite enough to satisfy the cravings so I’m always on the look to incorporate it into my sweet recipes too, plus switching it for nut butter means that these are a great dessert option for nut allergy sufferers as well. These slices are four layers of absolute heaven, featuring a subtle hint of tahini that’s enough to satisfy the craving without being overpowering and even managed convert my mum who was definitely not a fan before hand! Made up of an oaty coconut base topped with a fruity raspberry tahini jam – its slight bitterness counteracted by a layer of sweet tahini date caramel and a thin chocolate topping for good measure. These make the perfect after dinner treat or if you’re feeling extra indulgent, are great melted on your porridge bowl or chopped up and stirred into nice cream.
- 80g oat flour
- 80g coconut flour
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 tbsp water
- 235g raspberries
- tbsp tahini
Tahini date caramel
- 175g medjool or deri dates
- tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- tsp coconut sugar
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Mix the oat flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil and water in a bowl until fully combined. Transfer to the baking tin and using the back of a spoon, press down until evenly spread and compact. Leave to set in the freezer whilst you make the raspberry layer.
- Mash the raspberries until smooth and mix in the tahini. Layer on top of the base and return to the freezer until fully set.
- Meanwhile, make the date caramel by blending the dates along with the tahini and water. Once the raspberry layer is set, spread evenly before returning to the freezer.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by melting the coconut oil over a low heat. Once fully melted, add in the maple syrup, cacao powder and coconut sugar and stir until everything is mixed together. Pour over the date caramel ensuring that it’s spread evenly and return to the freezer until it’s fully set.
- Once set, remove from the freezer to thaw slightly before cutting into 12 equal slices and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the freezer and thaw in the fridge before serving.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x