I love a good nice cream bowl to start the day and whilst I’ll always remain a chocolate girl at heart, this berry variation provides a refreshing alternative. The creamy banana, sweet berries and vanilla protein blend together to make the perfect base for homemade granola, berries and nut butter or even chocolate chunks (I have to get my choc fix in somehow!), – there’s truly no better way to start the day.
I’m shortlisted for Best Vegan Blog at this years Health Blog Awards; you can vote for me here x
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries – I like to use blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
- 1 cup frozen courgette
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or as required to blend)
- optional: tsp each maca powder, one earth’s shine bright blend and vega vero’s energy mix
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and add your toppings of choice, my go to is homemade granola, crushed frozen raspberries and lashings of nut butter.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x
*This post contains an affiliate link, but all opinions remain my own.