You may think that an avocado toast recipe is completely unnecessary, I mean who needs instructions on how to use a toaster or mash avocado? But trust me, this recipes takes avocado toast to a whole new level. It’s no surprise that the popularity of the avocado, and avocado toast for that matter, has risen so much over the past few years – they’re loaded with healthy fats, fiber, potassium, magnesium and vitamins C, E, K and B6 just to name a few! But as this recipe proves, avocado toast doesn’t have to be boring and it makes the perfect weeknight dinner or lazy sunday brunch – toasted sourdough is topped with creamy mashed avocado, crunchy peanut butter, tahini and hummus, then loaded up with a sprinkling of toasted seeds, sauteed mushrooms, juicy sweetcorn and tomato slices plus lots of pink himalayan salt and black pepper for good measure – no other avo toast will ever compare.
I’m shortlisted for Best Vegan Blog at this years Health Blog Awards; you can vote for me here x
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 large slices sourdough / 4 slices superfood bread
- 1 large ripe avocado
- pink himalayan salt* + black pepper
- crunchy peanut butter (I like to use a mix of meridian and mani life deep roast)
- 1/4 batch of creamy garlic free hummus
- 4-6 chestnut mushrooms
- small handful frozen sweetcorn
- 1 vine ripened tomato
- 2 tbsp pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- olive oil
- Set a frying pan over a medium heat and add a small splash of olive oil. Once hot, add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring as little as possible, until golden brown.
- While the mushrooms cook, pit your avocado and mash with himalayan salt and black pepper to taste. Slice the tomato and set aside.
- Place the seeds on an oven tray lined with baking paper and place in the center of the oven for 3-5 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Add the sweetcorn to a pan of boiling water and cook for 1 minute, then drain and set aside.
- Place the bread in the toaster. Prepare the peanut butter and tahini.
- Remove the bread from the toaster. Top each slice with mashed avocado, peanut butter and hummus. Sprinkle over the seeds and sweetcorn then layer up the mushrooms and tomato. Finish with a drizzle of tahini and enjoy!
*Get 25% off with the code YAS25
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x