Everyone knows that coconut and chocolate is such a classic combination and these no bake treats are even more proof of that – a fudgey coconut chocolate centre encased in a crumbly cinnamon oat base and topping, perfect with a cup of tea or for crumbling on top of your nice cream bowl. The middle layer is comprised almost entirely of pip and nut’s coconut almond butter, which I’m completely and utterly obsessed with; not only does it provide the most incredible texture but it’s got the most incredibly moreish sweet ‘n’ salty coconut flavour that blends so well with the bitter dark chocolate, but if you don’t have it on hand then feel free to sub your nut butter of choice, but you’ve really got no excuse not to make them when they only require 6 ingredients and no baking time at all!
For the oat layer
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 25g finely chopped dark chocolate
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut almond butter
- 1.5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
For the chocolate coconut filling
- 125g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut almond butter
- Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Combine all of the base ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer 2/3 of the oat mixture to the lined baking tin and using the back of a spoon, press down until evenly spread and compact. Leave to set in the freezer while you make the chocolate filling.
- Break the chocolate in to small chunks and place in a small pan over a low heat until fully melted. Once melted, add the nut butter and stir until fully combined. Remove from the heat and pour over the base. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Once the chocolate layer has set, remove from the freezer and top with the remaining oat mixture, ensuring that it’s compact and evenly spread.
- Return to the freezer until set. Remove and allow to thaw slightly before cutting in to 9 equal slices. Enjoy!
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x