These sweet treats combine two of my all time favourite desserts, as classic nut butter cups are completely upgraded with a rocky road twist. And if you’re not a fan of either of those two desserts already (how could you possibly not be?!) then this will definitely be the recipe that converts you; featuring a creamy nut butter center encased in a thick chocolate layer laced with toasted pistachios, crunchy biscuit chunks, vegan marshmallows and sweet gooey dates – what more could you possibly want?
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 175g cacao butter
- 150g smooth peanut butter (I used pip and nut)
- 75g cacao powder
- 55g coconut sugar
- 45g pistachios
- 60g vegan digestive biscuits, or sub biscuits of choice
- 60g chopped deri or medjool dates
- 45g vegan mini marshmallows
- 6 tbsp nut butter of choice – I used coconut almond butter, almond butter and peanut butter
- Line a small baking tray with grease proof paper and pre heat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Add the cacao butter to a small pan and set over a low to medium heat.
- Whilst the cacao butter melts, add the pistachios to the baking try and roast for 5-10 or until fragrant, checking on them frequently to make sure that they don’t burn, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the cacao butter is fully melted add the 150g peanut butter, cacao powder and coconut sugar to the pan and stir until fully combined, leave over a low heat whilst you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Chop the dates in to small chunks, break up the biscuits and chop the pistachios.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the dates, biscuits, pistachios and marshmallows, stirring through until everything is fully coated.
- Have 12 silicon cupcake moulds ready – add 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture to the bottom of each and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and add 1/2 tbsp nut butter to each. I used a mixture of coconut almond butter, peanut butter and almond butter. Divide the remaining chocolate mixture equally between the moulds and return to the freezer for an hour or until fully set.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly before digging in! Store in the fridge or if you want them to keep longer, the freezer.
If you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas and #nourishingyas x