After making a big batch of chocolate orange granola and discovering Pip and Nut’s latest limited edition nut butter, I have become completely obsessed with everything choc orange and this breakfast bowl is my new favourite. It might taste incredibly indulgent, but it’s loaded with plant based protein, healthy fats, fruit – and I even managed to sneak a portion of veggies in there too! The rich cacao powder is blended with creamy banana, courgette (I know it sounds crazy but trust me, it makes it creates the best texture), chocolate protein powder and zesty orange until thick and creamy before topping with chocolate orange granola, nut butter and fruit for the ultimate choc orange fix.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
for the nice cream
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup frozen courgette
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
- tbsp cacao powder
- optional: tsp maca powder
- chocolate orange granola
- frozen raspberries and strawberries
- chocolate orange almond butter, or nut butter of choice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Transfer to your favourite bowl and top with the granola, frozen berries and nut butter. Enjoy!
If you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas and #nourishingyas x
*This post contains an affiliate link, but all opinions remain my own.