You can’t go wrong when it comes to peanut butter flavoured sweet treats – or peanut butter anything for that matter, and these simple protein balls are no exception. With a gooey, fudgey texture and a rich nutty flavour that makes them super moreish, I have to stop myself from eating the whole batch of these at once. They’re low in sugar, high in plant based protein and require only 4 ingredients, one bowl and can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes before popping them in to the freezer to set. They’ve quickly become my new favourite breakfast topping – they work equally as well on a bowl of chocolate nice cream or zoats, but they make the perfect post workout or dinner snack too.
Ingredients (makes 15)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use a mixture of smooth and crunchy)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 and 1/2 tbsps That Protein Peanut Butter Super Protein, or sub vanilla protein of choice)
- 2 and 1/2 tbsps maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Using your hands, take a small amount of mixture and roll in to a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 15 equal sized energy balls, but you could always make them bigger if you like.
- Place the balls in the freezer to set for an hour before transferring to the fridge where they’ll keep for up to a week. I like to store any leftovers from the batch in the freezer, where they keep for up to 3 months.
I love seeing you guys recreate my recipes so if you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas and #nourishingyas x