I know that I say this nearly every time that I come up with a new granola recipe, but this really is my best batch yet. I don’t know what it is about granola but it’s one of my favourite things to bake! I’m currently obsessed with cashews and they make the best granola addition alongside the crunchy baked rolled oats, pumpkin seeds and chunks of gooey sweet dates, which are all drenched in a rich vanilla, cashew butter and maple sauce for the most moreish breakfast topping. I could quite easily sit and eat the whole batch with a spoon, but it makes the most delicious topping for nice cream and oats too!
- 1 and 1/2 cups jumbo rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsps vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool or deri dates
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add the oats, cashews, pumpkin seeds, vanilla protein and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Place the coconut oil in a small pan and set over a low heat. Once fully melted, add the olive oil, maple syrup and cashew butter to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until fully combined and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix together until the granola is fully coated.
- Transfer the granola to the baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Make sure to remove from the oven to stir every 5-10 minutes, to ensure that it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully before stirring through the chopped dates.
- Transfer to an airtight container where it will keep for up to 6 weeks.
- Enjoy alone with chilled nut milk, sprinkled on your nice cream, porridge bowl or as a snack straight from the jar!
I love seeing you guys recreate my recipes so if you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas and #nourishingyas x