Hummus is one of my favourite ever foods – I love that it’s versatile enough to be enjoyed at any time of the day and despite being fairly simple, it can completely transform a meal in to something extra special, not to mention the fact that there are so many different flavour options. Pumpkin seed butter is definitely underrated, whilst it’s unique taste may take a little while to get used to at first I’ve grown to love it on it’s own, but when it’s blended alongside protein packed chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and cumin, it creates an extra special dip which makes the perfect alternative to classic hummus. I love this served in a lunch bowl with falafels and veggies, slathered on rice crackers or thickly spread on a hearty vegan burger.
Ingredients (makes 1 batch: 4 servings)
- 1 can chickpeas (240g when rinsed and drained)
- 3 tbsps pumpkin seed butter
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- tsp cumin
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsps water
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I like my hummus to be fairly thick but if you want a thinner consistency then add more water as required.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge where it will keep for up to 3 days. Serve and enjoy!
I love seeing you guys recreate my recipes so if you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas and #nourishingyas