Flapjacks are such a satisfying sweet treat and this festive flavour combo is the absolute dream; hearty rolled oats are laced with salty roasted pistachios and chunks of sweet chocolate orange, whilst the almond butter provides a buttery fudgey texture that melts in your mouth and makes these healthy treats feel extra indulgent – they’re so addictive that I have to stop myself from devouring the whole stack at once!
There’s something about chocolate orange which is so reminiscent of Christmas for me (I think it must have been the yearly Terry’s Chocolate Orange) and seen as we’re only a couple of days away from December, it means that these hearty flapjacks make the perfect festive bake too. And the best part? They only require one bowl and are ready in under 30 minutes, making them the ideal treat to batch cook and keep on hand for throughout the week. I love these served warm straight from the oven with a dollop of nice cream, drizzled with nut butter or alone for an easy dessert.
Ingredients (makes 8 flapjacks)
- 150g jumbo rolled oats
- 50g porridge oats
- 65g roasted and salted pistachios, chopped
- 3 tbsps cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 100g almond butter
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 35g chocolate orange, chopped in to chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a small baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the mix to the lined baking tray and place in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before slicing into 8 equal flapjacks. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freeze any leftovers where they’ll keep for up to a month.
- Enjoy alone as a snack, crumbled on top of a nice cream bowl or served warm with ice cream and a drizzle of nut butter.
I love seeing you guys recreate my recipes so if you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas and #nourishingyas