Whilst I definitely enjoy the chai spice blend all year round, there’s something about it that always reminds me of Christmas and so it makes the perfect breakfast time flavour addition as we head in to the festive season.
Since trying my first chai latte I’ve been completely obsessed with the blend of spices – cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom and black pepper all marry together to create something so delicious and comforting! Chai nice cream, oats and have all made an appearance in my breakfasts over the past few months. And whilst I love a frothy chai latte, this nut butter has got to be my favourite way to get your chai fix: simple to make with just a handful of natural ingredients and no blender required, it gives breakfast an extra festive feel and turns it in to something extra special. This nut butter is amazing melted over a big bowl of chocolate oats, on nice cream, slathered on toast or enjoyed straight from the jar!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
(makes 1 small jar)
- 75g almond butter
- 3/4 tsp each ground cinnamon and ginger
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and cardamom
- small pinch black pepper
- tsp maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer to a small airtight jar where it will keep well for up to 6 weeks.
- Enjoy melted on porridge, drizzled on nice cream, slathered on toast or straight from the jar!