If you’re looking to add a little festive cheer to your breakfast bowls then this spiced gingerbread granola has got you covered. One of my favourite things to bake is granola, so much so that I don’t think that I’ll ever go back to shop bought – not only does it taste a million times better but I love the way that the smell fills the whole house as it’s left to bake in the oven and with it’s distinct gingerbread scent, this one definitely ticks that box!
This granola packs in the most incredible flavour and scent thanks to the warming ginger and cinnamon, is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and loaded with heart healthy fats and plant protein thanks to the mix of nuts and seeds, not forgetting the moreish chunks of sweet gooey dates and raisins that are laced throughout. Left to bake until golden and crunchy, this granola makes the perfect nice cream bowl topping and when you add a dollop of chai nut butter too, it makes the perfect festive breakfast.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 1 and 1/2 cups jumbo rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup mixed ground nuts
- 1/4 cup seeds – I used both pumpkin and sunflower
- 2 heaping tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsps ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup dried fruit – I used both deri dates and lexia raisins
- optional tsp We Are Little’s gingerbread cookie instant coffee
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add the oats, nuts, seeds, ground nuts, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the coconut oil, olive oil and maple syrup over the dry ingredients and stir well, ensuring everything is fully coated.
- Transfer the granola to the baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Make sure to remove from the oven to stir every 5-10 minutes, to ensure that it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully before stirring through the chopped dates and raisins.
- Transfer to an airtight container where it will keep for up to 6 weeks.
- Enjoy alone with chilled nut milk, sprinkled on your nice cream, porridge bowl or as a snack straight from the jar!