If you’re looking for a way to use up all of the sprouts that you have leftover from Christmas dinner then this hummus recipe has come to the rescue.
Admittingly sprout hummus might sound a little weird but trust me, it’s absolutely delicious. Sprouts are roasted until tender and sticky, then blitzed with protein packed chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and cumin for a flavour packed dip that tastes just like Christmas. Its smooth, creamy consistency makes it so moreish and the hint of maple roasted sprouts provides a distinct flavour that’s perfectly balanced by the lemon juice and tahini – I couldn’t think of a tastier way to use up leftovers.
This hummus is perfect for layering on a festive sandwich alongside stuffing, cranberry sauce and falafels, served up in a veggie bowl or generously spread on rice crackers with lots of himalayan salt and black pepper.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 1 large batch : 6 servings
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 batch of my sticky maple roasted sprouts
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps tahini
- tsp cumin
- 5 tbsps water (adjust to desired consistency)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas before adding them to the blender* along with the roasted sprouts, olive oil, tahini, cumin and water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more water if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve alongside veggies crudites, in a veg bowl, sandwich or on rice crackers.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge where it will keep for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
*TOP TIP – for a smooth and creamy hummus consistency, I remove the outer skins from my chickpeas as I’m adding them to the blender.