Quick, no bake sweet treats and snacks are my absolute go to and these chocolate fudge brownie balls are my new favourite. They feature the same taste and addictive texture of my nutty brownies, all packed in to the perfectly portioned ball – snacking doesn’t get more delicious than this.
The stereotypical view of plant based snacking is that it’s all lettuce leaves and carrot sticks, but these decadent energy balls definitely couldn’t be further from that. With a rich chocolate flavour and the most incredible gooey texture thanks to the sweet sticky dates, they take snacking to a whole other level and it’s definitely hard to stop at just one.
Besides the fact that I’m absolutely obsessed with the texture and taste of these balls, I love that they’re so easy to make with just one bowl and 5 natural ingredients. Not to mention the fact that it works out a whole lot cheaper than opting for shop bought alternatives.
These fudgey balls make the perfect grab and go snack or I’m currently obsessed with using them to make a bowl of chocolate fudge brownie nice cream for breakfast – chocolate flavoured nice cream loaded with chunks of chocolate fudge brownie that’s reminiscent of my favourite Ben & Jerry’s ice cream – it’s no surprise that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 8 balls
- 100g medjool or deri dates
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 and 1/2 tbsps cacao powder
- 2 tbsps almond butter
- tbsp nut milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until the mix comes together.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and using your hands, shape in to a bitesize ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 8 energy balls.
- Pop the balls in to the freezer to set for an hour. Store in the fridge where they’ll keep for up to a week or the freezer where they’ll last up to 3 months.