You really can’t go wrong when it comes to chocolate chip cookies, the blend of oats along with gooey melted chocolate is such a classic combination which is so satisfying and a real crowd pleaser. These chunky cookies are the perfect cross between a flapjack and a cookie – chewy, crunchy and loaded with chunks of chocolate for a simple, satisfying sweet treat.
This fail proof cookie recipe is my go to when I want a quick, easy bake – they only require one bowl, minimal effort and are pretty much fail proof. Simply mix everything together, shape them, pop them in the oven and you have a delicious dessert in under 30 minutes. Adding ground almonds in to the mix alongside the oats helps to give these cookies an extra crunch which makes them so moreish.
These cookies are delicious alongside a cup of tea, hot chocolate or refreshing glass of nut milk. They even make a great alternative to granola when crumbled up on a nice cream bowl and in my opinion the fact that they’re predominantly oats means that they’re totally acceptable for an easy on the go breakfast too!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 10 cookies
- 200g jumbo rolled oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsps coconut oil
- 6 tbsps maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- tbsp nut milk
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the bowl and mix well.
- Using your hands, take a small amount of the cookie mixture and shape in to a round cookie. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 10 cookies.
- Place the cookies in the center of the oven for 10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before digging in. Enjoy!
- The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 day or up to 3 months in the freezer.