Salted caramel is a flavour which I absolutely love – it’s the perfect combination between sweet and salty, which is so moreish and makes these protein packed balls so addictive – if you’re anything like me then you’ll definitely struggle not to eat them all at once.
Shop bought protein balls can be expensive – it works out a lot cheaper to make your own at home and if I’m honest they taste a whole lot better too! I love experimenting with different flavour combinations and I always have a few different batches on hand in the freezer to keep me well stocked up. To create the salted caramel flavour in this recipe I used MissFits salted caramel protein powder, which is my favourite flavour of the range. I’ve tried my fair share of plant based protein powders but this one is a winner; it blends like an absolute dream, makes my oat and nice cream bowls extra thick and creamy and it’s great for incorporating in to no bake treats like this too. It contains 15g plant based protein per scoop along with 25% RDA of zinc and B12. I’m so excited to be working with them as an ambassador, so I can now offer you £5 off your order when you use the code YASMIN5*.
These balls are so simple to make – all you need is 1 bowl, 5 ingredients and 10 minutes. The protein powder is combined with ground oats, maple syrup, peanut butter and pecans which work so well at adding an extra caramel flavour – but if you don’t have them on hand then feel free to substitute in almonds or cashews.
These protein packed balls make a perfect post workout snack, but I love them chopped up for a delicious breakfast bowl topping too.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 8 protein balls
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 scoop MissFits Salted Caramel Multitasker
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- Add the oats and pecans to a blender and blitz until they form a flour.
- Add the protein powder, maple syrup and peanut butter to the blender and blend until the mix is fully combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and using your hands, roll in to a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 8 energy balls.
- Pop the balls in to the freezer to set for an hour before transferring to the fridge. Enjoy!
*This post contains an affiliate link but all opinions remain my own.