It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of incorporating chocolate in to my breakfasts – my chocolate protein zoats and chocolate nice cream are two of my most popular recipes but it really doesn’t get much better than this; thick, creamy protein packed chocolate nice cream laced with chunks of chocolate fudge brownie and topped with crunchy granola and lashings of nut butter – is it any wonder breakfast is my favourite meal of the day?
I love adding frozen courgette to my smoothie bowls and nice cream – I know that it’s something that a lot of people are apprehensive about but you really can’t taste it at all and alongside the chunks of sweet frozen banana, it’s the key to creating that deliciously thick, creamy texture.
This decadent breakfast bowl reminds me so much of my favourite Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie flavour – the nice cream is blended until silky smooth before I chop up one of my chocolate fudge brownie balls to create chunks of chocolate brownie, which are so deliciously gooey and moreish.
I love to top mine with extra chocolate chunks, frozen berries, homemade granola and peanut butter for the dreamiest dessert inspired breakfast bowl.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen courgette
- tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop MissFits Chocolate Protein Powder (Get £5 off with the code YASMIN5*)
- tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 chocolate fudge brownie ball
- nutella granola
- chocolate chunks
- nut butter
- fresh and frozen berries
- Add the banana, courgette, nut milk, protein powder and cacao to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, adding more liquid as needed.
- Chop the fudge brownie ball in to chunks.
- Stir the brownie chunks through the nice cream and transfer to a bowl. Add your toppings and enjoy!
*This post contains an affiliate link but all opinions remain my own.