If you’re a fan of peanut butter cups then you are absolutely going to love these easy no bake sweet treats – these are your classic peanut butter cups but completely upgraded with the most addictive fudgey, gooey chocolate ganache center encased in a layer of rich peanut butter dark chocolate – sure to satisfy all of your peanut butter and chocolate cravings at once.
Peanut butter and chocolate is a combination which I will never tire of and whist I love my Rocky Road Nut Butter Cups, it’s needless to say that I’m absolutely obsessed with this variation – there’s something so satisfying about biting into the layer of rich dark chocolate as the silky smooth fudge
sinks beneath your teeth and oozes out of the center. Each mouthful is so sweet and delicious, making these cups super satisfying and incredibly addictive.
These no bake cups are so simple to make with just 5 ingredients and are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup. But to make them even simpler you could melt your favourite dark chocolate bar in place of making the chocolate layer from scratch – either way, they’re sure to become your newest dessert obsession.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
for the chocolate
- 175g cacao butter or coconut oil
- 75g cacao powder
- 55g coconut sugar
- 150g smooth peanut butter
for the fudge filling
- 10 tbsps cacao powder
- 10 tbsps coconut oil
- 10 tbsps maple syrup
- 8 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- Add the cacao butter or coconut oil to a small pan and melt over a low heat.
- Once melted, add the remaining chocolate ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add a tbsp and 1/2 of the chocolate mixture to a small silicone cupcake case. Repeat until you have filled the base of 12 cases and pop in the freezer to set whilst you make the fudge filling.
- Add the coconut oil to a small pan and melt over a low heat. Once melted, add the remaining fudge ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate bases from the freezer and divide the fudge filling evenly between them. Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Once the filling has set, add a tbsp of the chocolate to the top of each. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Store in the fridge and leave to thaw at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before eating – the chocolate will stay solid but the fudge center becomes even gooier. Enjoy!