Incorporating dessert in to breakfast is something that I seem to make quite a habit of and this rocky road nice cream bowl is definitely no exception. This bowl is the absolute dream breakfast – creamy vanilla and chocolate nice cream swirled together and loaded up with all of the rocky road toppings from sweet gooey dates to chocolate chunks, marshmallows and nut butter – this is without a doubt one of the best ways to start the day.
I’m definitely a rocky road fan – my rocky road protein bars and rocky road nut butter cups are two of my favourite sweet treats but incorporating this classic dessert in to breakfast is guaranteed to make any of your mornings extra special. The vanilla and chocolate nice cream is blended until thick and creamy before stirring through crunchy biscuit chunks, chopped chocolate, salty nuts and gooey sweet dates for an indulgent breakfast which is so worth getting out of bed for.
When it comes to nice cream bowls I’m definitely all about the toppings and this one is buried beneath them. Admittedly, I may have used the rocky road title as an excuse to add any toppings I like – whilst it contains all of the classics such as marshmallows, dried fruit and nuts, I love to switch it up and add chopped up energy balls, granola and frozen fruit too. What I love about this bowl is that it’s so customisable; if you don’t have pistachios then almonds work amazingly and the dates can easily be switched for raisins – or you could follow my lead and add them all! Whichever way you choose to top it, I’ve no doubt that it’ll become your new go to breakfast.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
for the nice cream
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1 small handful frozen courgette
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein power
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- crushed biscuits
- chopped nuts – I love using pistachios and almonds
- chopped dark chocolate
- peanut or almond butter
- mini vegan marshmallows
- chopped dates
- dried cranberries
- chopped up energy balls
- Add the frozen banana, courgette, almond milk and vanilla protein powder to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer half of the vanilla nice cream to a bowl. To the remaining half, add the cacao powder and blend until fully mixed.
- Transfer the chocolate nice cream to the bowl and swirl together.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!