I’ve made it no secret that I prefer homemade granola to shop bought and this latest chocolate pistachio batch is sure to make your morning extra special. This granola is the perfect balance between sweet and salty, making it so moreish and addictive; a combination of oats, salty pistachios and seeds are coated in an indulgent chocolate sauce and baked until crunchy, before stirring through chunks of dark chocolate and sweet gooey dates for the ultimate breakfast topping.
Pistachio and chocolate is a flavour combination which works so well. For this granola I used the roasted and salted pistachios from Wonderful Pistachios which are so moreish; their rich flavour and slight saltiness contrasts perfectly with the dark chocolate chunks and sweet gooey dates, making this granola taste incredibly indulgent.
qI think people underestimate just how easy baking your own granola is – it’s just a case of combining all of the ingredients, coating and baking until deliciously crisp. It’s simplicity is why it remains one of my favourite things to make, plus I love experimenting with different flavour combinations – whilst my snickers granola and fruit and nut granola remain two of my favourites, this latest batch is so addictive that you won’t be able to resist going back for another spoonful.
This indulgent granola pairs perfectly with my chocolate fudge brownie nice cream but is equally delicious served with chilled almond milk, coconut yoghurt or enjoyed as a snack straight from the jar,
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 1 and 1/2 cup jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pistachios
- 3 tbsps coconut oil or cacao butter
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- tbsp and 1/2 cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (I used deri dates and cranberries)
- 25g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add the oats, nuts and seeds to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut oil or cacao butter to a small pan and set over a low heat and heat until melted.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and cacao powder until fully combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir well, ensuring everything is fully coated.
- Transfer the granola to the baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Make sure to remove from the oven to stir every 5-10 minutes, to ensure that it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully before stirring through the dried fruit and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer to an airtight container where it will keep for up to 6 weeks.
- Enjoy alone with chilled nut milk, sprinkled on your nice cream, porridge bowl or as a snack straight from the jar!
*This post contains a product which was sent to me for free as part of a paid collaboration, but all opinions remain my own.