If you’re a fan of the Nakd Lemon Drizzle bars then you are going to absolutely love these no bake, 6 ingredient sweet treats. With a moreish chewy texture, classic lemon drizzle flavour and packed with chocolate chunks, they make the perfect sweet treat alongside a cup of tea.
These bars were undoubtedly inspired by the Nakd version – which are quite possibly one of, if not my favourite, flavour of their bars. I’ve been desperate to recreate them ever since my first bite and dare I say that these homemade ones are even better than the original.
The best part about these bars (aside from the fact that they taste incredible) is that they only require one bowl and 6 natural ingredients:
- lemon extract
All of which come together to perfectly recreate the classic lemon drizzle flavour.
Other than anything that’s chocolate themed, carrot cake and lemon drizzle are about the only other desserts that I’m interested in. And whilst I’ve already perfected Vegan carrot cake cheesecake bars, lemon drizzle was the next one to tackle.
Being the chocolate addict that I am, I couldn’t resist adding chocolate chunks to these bars. I used Seed & Bean’s Lemon and Cardamom dark chocolate [gifted*] to add an extra lemon twist, but you can use whichever chocolate that you fancy – I think that a Vegan white chocolate alternative would work perfectly and is definitely next on my list.
These bars are so quick and simple to make that I always have a batch on hand in the freezer, alongside my Chocolate Ganache Protein Bars and Salted Caramel Protein Balls. It means that I’m well prepared for any snack or dessert situation – you could even make these bars in to energy balls too!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 10 bars
- 100g almonds
- 100g cashews
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 150g raisins
- 150g medjool dates
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 30g dark chocolate, chopped
- Add the almonds, cashews and coconut to a blender or food processor and blitz until broken down.
- Add the raisins, dates and lemon extract to the blender and blitz again until fully combined. The mix should stick together when you squeeze it between your fingers.
- Transfer the mix to a large mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips, if using, until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mix to the lined tin and press down in to an even compact layer. Place in the freezer to set for an hour.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly before cutting in to 10 equal bars. Enjoy!
*Seed & Bean kindly sent me a selection of their chocolate bars to try however I was under no obligation to post about them and all opinions remain my own.