These are protein bars, but not as you know them – featuring a rich, fudgey chocolate hazelnut protein bar base topped with a sweet chocolate ganache that’s laced with crunchy hazelnuts. These 7 ingredient bars are bursting with that classic Ferrero Rocher flavour, making them a protein packed sweet treat that tastes like the absolute dream.
Ferrero Rocher’s have got to be one of everyone’s favourite chocolates – with their iconic golden wrapper, the mix of crunchy toasted hazelnuts, crisp wafer shell and creamy hazelnut filling is undeniably one of the best combinations. They’re something which me and my mum always indulged in at Christmas, but translating their flavour in to these no bake bars makes them an everyday treat.
These bars really are the absolute dream – the base layer is ridiculously fudgey and gooey, whilst the sweet chocolate ganache sinks beneath your teeth. Combined with the crunch from the hazelnuts, I don’t think there are many desserts that could beat this.
One of the main reasons that I’m so obsessed with these bars, aside from their addictive texture and decadent flavour, is the fact that they’re ridiculously simple to make. They only require 7 natural ingredients and no baking, making it easier than ever to get your Vegan Ferrero Rocher fix.
Shop bought protein bars can definitely hit and miss – the protein powder can often be too overpowering or you’re left with a chalky aftertaste but when it comes to these chocolate hazelnut bars, you wouldn’t even know that it’s in there. The blend of sweet gooey dates along with hazelnuts, cacao powder and peanut butter makes these bars a sweet treat that you’ll want to make batch after batch of.
I use MissFits Nutrition protein powder which not only provides these bars with a generous 30g of plant based protein, but increases the chocolate flavour and provides them with a fudgey, gooey texture that makes them so addictive. Not only is it a great addition to no bake treats, but it’s what I credit for making all of my nice cream and oat bowls so thick and creamy. It’s undoubtedly my favourite plant based protein and I’m so pleased to have teamed up with them as an ambassador, enabling you to get £5 off your order when you use the code YASMIN5 at the checkout.
I’m completely torn between whether the gooey protein bar base or hazelnut packed chocolate fudge ganache is my favourite layer of these bars. All I am certain of is that together they make these bars so incredibly addictive – so much so that this batch lasted me a fraction of the amount of time that it should have.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 12 bars
for the protein bar
- 325g medjool dates
- 2 scoops MissFits Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder* (Get £5 off with my code YASMIN5)
- 140g hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
for the hazelnut chocolate ganache
- 7 tbsps coconut oil
- 7 tbsps maple syrup
- 7 tbsps cacao powder
- 5 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 60g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper – this will make it easier to pull out the bars at the end.
- Start by making the protein bar – add the hazelnuts to the blender or food processor and blitz until they form a flour.
- Add the protein powder, cacao powder, peanut butter and dates to the blender along with the hazelnuts and blitz until fully combined. The mix should stick together when you squeeze it between your fingers, if not, add a touch more nut milk.
- Transfer the mix to the lined tin and press down in to an even, compact layer. Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the ganache topping.
- To make the ganache, add the coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted.
- Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Once fully combined, stir in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Remove the protein bar from the freezer and pour over the ganache. Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before cutting in to 12 equal slices. Enjoy!