You only have to take one quick look at the recipes on my blog to see how much I love peanut butter and chocolate and the two make the perfect pairing for these no bake brownie cheesecake bars. Featuring a sticky moreish layer of peanut butter date caramel, between a rich nutty brownie base and smooth vanilla peanut butter cheesecake topping – if you’re a peanut butter fan then you are going to absolutely love these.
Like with my salted caramel brownie cheesecake slice, these bars are insanely addictive. They contain pretty much all of my favourite foods – peanut butter, chocolate, dates and nuts and definitely make for a crowd pleasing sweet treat. Me and my mum devoured the batch between us in no time at all and when you see just how easy they are to make, it becomes quite dangerous.
Trying to pick a favourite layer from these tripled layered bars is quite the task – I’m torn between the gooey chocolate peanut butter brownie base, sticky peanut butter caramel and melt in your mouth vanilla cheesecake topping. They are all equally delicious in their own right, but together create the perfect trio.
Cheesecake has always been a favourite dessert of mine and the blend of cashews and coconut milk work perfectly at creating a plant based alternative that’s silky smooth, creamy and melts in your mouth – and of course, it’s packed with peanut butter too.
I definitely never scrimp when it comes to nut butter and these bars are no exception – they pack peanut butter in to each and every one of the 3 layers, making them a sweet treat that’s more than certain to satisfy your peanut butter cravings.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 9 bars
for the peanut butter brownie base
- 200g almonds
- 250g medjool dates
- 5 tbsps cacao powder
- 4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp plant based milk
for the peanut butter date caramel
- 200g medjool dates
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
for the peanut butter cheesecake topping
- 90g coconut cream (the thick layer from canned coconut milk)
- 3 tbsps coconut milk (the liquid layer from canned coconut milk)
- 180g cashews, soaked for 5 minutes in boiling water
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- optional 1 scoop MissFits Vanilla Protein Powder* (Get £5 off with the code YASMIN5)
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
- Start by making the base; add the nuts to the blender or food processor and blitz until they reach a flour like consistency. Add the remaining base ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the base to the lined baking tin and spread in to an even, compact layer. Pop the tray in to the freezer whilst you make the date caramel.
- Add the dates and peanut butter to the blender along with 5 tbsps warm water. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Spread the date caramel evenly across the base layer and return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- For the cheesecake topping add the soaked and drained cashews, coconut cream, coconut milk, peanut butter, protein powder, maple syrup and lemon juice to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and evenly spread the cheesecake layer on top of the date caramel. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Leave to thaw slightly before slicing in to 9 equal bars. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge where it will keep for up to a week, or in the freezer where it will keep for up to 3 months – but if you’re anything like me and my mum then it definitely won’t last that long!
*This post contains an affiliate link and discount code but all opinions remain my own.