Who doesn’t love cookie dough? These simple, no bake coconut cookie dough bars are so addictive – featuring a moreish, chewy coconut base complete with a sweet chocolate topping, they’re the best sweet treat to have stashed away in the freezer.
These 7 ingredient, no bake bars are the ideal dessert – the simple blend of cashews, coconut, maple syrup and nut butter creates an edible chewy cookie dough bar base that’s so moreish.
There’s no denying that I’m a cookie dough fan – whether it’s a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough nice cream, a batch of my no bake peanut butter cookie dough brownies or snacking on a piece of my moreish tahini cookie dough fudge, I’m completely obsessed! And these bars are the perfect addition to the collection.
These quick and easy bars are one of my simplest treats but that doesn’t make them any less addictive. Simply blitz everything together in the food processor and leave them to set before adding the chocolate topping and you have the perfect dessert.
I’m obsessed with cashews – incorporated in to a batch of granola, as a snack, or sprinkled on top of a curry, but when they’re roasted and combined with a blend of dates, maple syrup, cinnamon and coconut, they add the most incredible moreish flavour to these bars which makes them ridiculously addictive.
I love using cashew butter in my sweet treats but peanut or almond butter would work just as well in this recipe too. And to make them even simpler, you could always opt to make them without the chocolate topping however being the chocolate addict that I am, that simply isn’t an option for me!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
I’ve been shortlisted for Best Vegan Blog at this years Health Blog Awards – you can vote for me here.
makes 8 bars
for the coconut cashew cookie dough bar
- 150g cashews
- 150g medjool dates
- 65g dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
for the chocolate topping
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Add the cashews to a baking tray and place in the center of the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant, place to one side to cool.
- Add the cashews to a blender and blitz in to a flour.
- Add the dates, coconut, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil to the blender and blitz until fully combined – the mix should stick together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Transfer the mix to a square baking tin and press down in to an even, compact layer.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small pan, remove the bars from the freezer.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and spread in to an even layer.
- Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Leave to thaw slightly at room temp before cutting in to 8 equal bars – enjoy!