These no bake earl grey, blueberry and lemon cheesecake bars are the perfect spring and summer time dessert. Featuring a lemon drizzle base, fruity blueberry layer and earl grey infused cheesecake topping – they’re light, refreshing, creamy and so delicious.
Being the chocolate addict that I am, branching away from the cacao powder and peanut butter is quite the task and earl grey is about as exotic as it gets. I use a mix of both brewed earl grey tea and leaves in this recipe, to ensure that its classic, fragrant flavour is perfectly infused throughout the creamy cheesecake and sweet blueberry layers.
It may well be a stereo-typically British thing to say but I love a good cup of tea and earl grey is one of my favourites – its subtle, distinct bergamont flavour pairs perfectly with the tangy lemon drizzle base and juicy blueberries in this recipe.
Cheesecake is definitely one of my favourite desserts – I love both my vanilla protein cheesecakes and peanut butter brownie cheesecake bars, but these earl grey infused treats off something a little different. And the not-so-secret secret to always achieving a smooth, creamy cheesecake topping that you wouldn’t even know is dairy free, is a simple blend of cashews and coconut milk, which perfectly imitates that of a classic cheesecake.
You could always opt to make this in to one larger circular cheesecake instead of cutting it in to bars for a show stopping dessert, or mini individual ones would be ideal too. But I love having the bars stashed away in the freezer so that I can pull one out whenever the craving strikes. And if you don’t fancy using blueberries then you could always experiment making these cheesecakes with blackberries or raspberries too!
These cheesecakes are light, creamy, flavorsome and pair perfectly with a cup of earl grey tea for a mid afternoon snack or a refreshing after dinner treat.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 8 bars
for the lemon drizzle base
- 100g almonds
- 100g cashews
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 80g raisins
- 220g dates
- 1 tsp lemon extract
for the blueberry layer
- 200g frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp brewed and cooled earl grey tea
for the earl grey cheesecake layer
- 180g cashews (soaked for 5 minutes in boiling water)
- 90g coconut cream (the thick layer from canned coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp brewed and cooled earl grey tea
- 4 tsps earl grey tea leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut or almond butter
- optional 1 scoop MissFits Vanilla Protein Powder* (Get £5 off with the code YASMIN5)
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
- Start by making the base; add the almonds and cashews to the blender or food processor and blitz until they reach a flour like consistency. Add the remaining base ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the base to the lined baking tin and spread in to an even, compact layer. Pop the tray in to the freezer whilst you make the blueberry layer.
- Add the blueberries, lemon juice, maple syrup and earl grey tea to the blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Spread the blueberry layer evenly across the base layer and return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- For the cheesecake topping add the soaked and drained cashews, coconut cream, earl grey tea, tea leaves, nut butter, protein powder, maple syrup and lemon juice to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and evenly spread the cheesecake layer on top of the date caramel. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Leave to thaw slightly before slicing in to 9 equal bars. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge where it will keep for up to a week, or in the freezer where it will keep for up to 3 months – but if you’re anything like me and my mum then it definitely won’t last that long!
*This post contains an affiliate link and discount code but all opinions remain my own.