Is there anyone who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and hazelnut? Nutella and Ferrero Rocher are two of everyone’s favourite sweet treats and these 3 ingredient truffles encompass their classic indulgent flavour, whilst being ridiculously easy to make.
Probably my simplest sweet treat yet, these truffles taste so indulgent that it’s hard to believe that they require just 3 ingredients;
- Dark Chocolate
The hazelnuts and chocolate recreate the indulgent ferrero rocher flavour, much like in my ferrero rocher protein bars, whilst the dates add sweetness and an addictive, fudgey truffle texture which makes these bite size treats the absolute dream. And they are so quick and easy to make that it’s almost dangerous.
Whilst these simple chocolates make the ideal dessert, I have to admit that they make a killer breakfast bowl topping too – I chop mine up and stir the chunks through a bowl of creamy chocolate protein nice cream before topping with extra truffle chunks alongside berries, granola and nut butter.
I used Seed & Bean’s Sweet Orange & Thyme dark chocolate bar for this recipe, making these truffles taste like the perfect cross between a Ferrero Rocher and Terry’s Choc Orange – 2 of my all time favourites. But feel free to use regular dark chocolate or experiment with flavours such as mint, or whichever you favourite chocolate bar happens to be. However you choose to flavour them, once you realise how easy they are to make you’ll be just as addicted as I am.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas
- 100g Blanched hazelnuts
- 50g Medjool dates
- 60g Dark Chocolate
Makes 6 truffles
- Add the chocolate to a small pan and set over a low heat. Heat through until melted.
- Whilst the chocolate melts, add the hazelnuts to a blender and blitz until they form a flour.
- Add the melted chocolate to the food processor along with the dates and 85g of the ground nuts. Place the other 15g nuts on a small plate and leave to the side. Blitz until well combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and using your hands, shape in to a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 6 truffles.
- Roll each of the truffles in the ground nuts until evenly coated. Place in the fridge to set for an hour. Enjoy!