Dessert inspired breakfasts are definitely a speciality of mine and this chocolate oreo fudge brownie nice cream is quite possibly my best yet. Thick, creamy chocolate protein nice cream laced with fudgey oreo brownie chunks and topped with peanut butter, berries and granola – could there possibly be a better way to start the day?
My original chocolate fudge brownie nice cream was impressive to say the least, but this Oreo variation takes it to a whole new level. I love Oreo’s – whether it’s simply enjoying them with a glass of nut milk or incorporating them in to my no bake oreo fudge brownies, which are the main feature in this recipe. As far as brownies go, they have to be some of the best that I’ve ever tried; a gooey nutty chocolate fudge oreo brownie, complete with a sweet chocolate ganache topping that’s laced with extra crushed Oreo’s. Their classic cookie’s and cream flavour pairs perfectly with chocolate nice cream, making this breakfast bowl ridiculously addictive.
Nice cream has definitely become my favourite breakfast option (sorry oats, I still love you) and whilst it might sound and taste incredibly indulgent, it’s so simple to make with just 5 ingredients
- Cacao powder
- Protein powder
- Almond milk
All of which are blended until smooth and creamy, before stirring through fudgey Oreo brownie chunks for the ultimate plant based breakfast.
Whether it’s my rocky road or cookie dough nice cream bowl – dessert inspired breakfasts are definitely my go to option in the mornings. And as much as I try (and fail) to tear myself away from cacao powder, there’s something about chocolate nice cream that I just can’t get enough of! It makes the ideal base for this breakfast bowl which is
- Protein packed
- 3 of your 5 a day
Whether you enjoy this bowl for breakfast or dessert, it’s undoubtedly one of the best ways to get your cookies and cream fix.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make this, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 heaping cup frozen courgette (I chop and freeze mine raw, with the skin on)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop MissFits Vanilla protein powder (Get £5 off with the code YASMIN5*)
- 1/2 cup plant milk of choice
- 1 No bake Oreo fudge brownie
- Chop the oreo fudge brownie in to bite size chunks and set aside.
- Add the frozen banana, courgette, almond milk, protein powder and cacao powder to the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once the nice cream is smooth, stir in the brownie chunks until fully incorporated, reserving some for topping.
- Transfer the nice cream to your favourite bowl and top with the remaining brownie chunks, along with any additional toppings. My favourites are my Oreo granola, peanut butter, strawberries and frozen raspberries. Enjoy!
*This post contains an affiliate discount code but all opinions remain my own.