If you’re looking for a plant based cheesecake alternative then these bars are the perfect answer. A fudgey, nutty chocolate brownie base layered with a silky smooth vanilla macaccino cheesecake topping to create the dreamiest plant based dessert. They’re chocolatey, gooey, creamy and so addictive.
I’m completely obsessed with these no bake cheesecake bars – everything about them is so delicious; from the nutty chocolate brownie base to the sweet vanilla topping, they taste so indulgent yet are packed with natural, plant based ingredients.
I’ve always loved cheesecake and vegan alternatives have become my go to dessert – whether it’s my salted caramel brownie cheesecake slice or peanut butter brownie cheesecakes bars, I’m so obsessed with the combination of the nutty base and melt in your mouth cheesecake topping, with this batch being no exception. These bars are
- And so delicious!
I have to warn you that these bars are dangerously addictive – the melt in your mouth cheesecake topping and gooey chocolate base is the perfect match, with each and every bite being just as satisfying as the first. It’s safe to say that a batch never lasts long in our house!
Whilst it’s definitely a hard decision to make, I think that the cheesecake topping has to be my favourite part of these chunky bars – its silky smooth, creamy texture and subtle macaccino flavour is absolute heaven and makes the ideal match for the rich brownie base.
To flavour these bars I used a combination of vanilla, cacao and Iswari Superfood’s Macaccino powder. It’s the perfect blend of maca, cacao and coconut sugar and tastes like an absolute dream. It makes the best morning pick me up drink or hot chocolate alternative and I even love adding it to my nice cream and oat bowls. But these bars have to be the best use that I’ve found for it yet. And you can get 10% OFF everything on the Iswari website, including their Macaccino powder, when you use the code NOURISHING10*.
If you don’t have the Macaccino powder on hand then cacao or cocoa powder would be fine to substitute in too (because lets be honest there’s no going wrong when there’s chocolate involved). Either way, they’re thick, creamy and guaranteed to become your new dessert obsession.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 9 bars
for the brownie base
- 200g almonds
- 250g dates
- 4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- 3 tbsps Iswari Macaccino powder (or sub extra cacao powder)
- 2 tbsps nut milk
for the cheesecake topping
- 180g cashews (soaked for 5 minutes in boiling water)
- 90g coconut cream (the thick layer from canned coconut milk)
- 4 tbsps coconut milk
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Iswari Macaccino powder (or sub cacao powder)
- optional 1 scoop MissFits Vanilla Protein Powder* (Get £5 off with the code YASMIN5)
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
- Start by making the base; add the nuts to the blender or food processor and blitz until they reach a flour like consistency. Add the remaining base ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the base to the lined baking tin and spread in to an even, compact layer. Pop the tray in to the freezer whilst you make the cheesecake layer.
- For the cheesecake topping add the soaked and drained cashews, coconut cream, coconut milk, peanut butter, protein powder, macaccino powder, maple syrup and lemon juice to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and evenly spread the cheesecake layer on top of the brownie base. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Leave to thaw slightly before slicing in to 9 equal bars. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge where it will keep for up to a week, or in the freezer where it will keep for up to 3 months – but if you’re anything like me and my mum then it definitely won’t last that long!
*This post contains an affiliate link and discount code but all opinions remain my own.