Peanut butter and jam, or jelly as you might know it if your based in America, has got to be one of the best combinations and these no bake peanut butter raspberry jam bars are the ultimate way to enjoy it. A peanut butter oat bar base smothered with a layer of sweet raspberry jam, complete with a moreish crumble topping. They’re sticky, sweet, gooey and so delicious.
Peanut butter and jam is a classic combination that never fails to be delicious – whether it be on toast, oats, or a batch of my chocolate raspberry peanut butter cups, it’s completely timeless. But these bars have to be the best way to enjoy it. Featuring a peanut butter oat bar topped with a generous layer of sticky sweet jam and an addictive peanut butter crumble topping – there’s no better way to satisfy all of your PB & J cravings.
When it comes to the jam layer of these bars, I think that quite a few of you will be happy to hear that there’s not a chia seed in sight! Rather than making jam from scratch like a lot of other similar recipes, I use my favourite shop bought jam. Not only does it save on time, it makes these bars a whole simpler and tastier than any chia seed variation that I’ve tried. I used raspberry jam, but feel free to try making these bars with strawberry – or you could even experiment with flavours like cherry or blackcurrant!
Any sweet treat that features peanut butter is an absolute winner and these bars are no exception. And the best part is that they’re super easy to make with just 7 ingredients
- Coconut Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter
- Raspberry Jam
If like me you’re a fan of all things sweet in the morning (I’m talking chocolate nice cream and oats), then these bars make a great breakfast option too.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 10 bars
for the peanut butter bar base
- 100g oats
- 50g almonds
- 75g dates
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
for the jam layer
- 160g of your favourite jam
for the crumble topping
- 25g almonds
- 25g jumbo rolled oats
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- Line a small square baking tin with grease proof paper and set aside. This will make it easier to pull the bars out at the end.
- Start by making the base. Add the oats and almonds to the blender and blitz until they form a flour. Add the dates, peanut butter and maple syrup to the blender and blend until fully combined.
- Remove the mix from the blender and transfer it to the lined baking tin. Using the back of the spoon, press down in to an even compact layer. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Whilst the base hardens, prepare the crumble topping. Add the almonds to the blender and blitz until they form a flour.
- Transfer the almonds to a mixing bowl and add the oats and coconut sugar. Stir until fully combined.
- Mash the peanut butter in to the oats until fully combined.
- Remove the bar from the freezer. Spread the jam in to an even layer.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the jam and using the back of a spoon or spatula, pat down gently to compact it a little.
- Return the bars to the freezer to set for 1 hour. Once set, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly before cutting in to 10 equal slices. Enjoy!
- The bars will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them if you want them to last longer – simply thaw at room temperature slightly before digging in!
If you liked this recipe then why not try my No Bake Chocolate Cashew and Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies or Chocolate Chip Lemon Drizzle Bars.