These no bake Snickers brownie bars are the ultimate plant based twist on a classic. A fudgey peanut butter brownie base and a layer of irresistible peanut butter date caramel encased in a sweet chocolate coating. They’re chocolatey, nutty, gooey, sweet and you’re going to be obsessed.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate then these bars are the dessert for you. I’ve always been the biggest snickers bar fan and this version has been upgraded with a fudgey peanut brownie base, making them even more addictive.
These bars incorporate everything that I love – chocolate, peanut butter and caramel to create a bar that’s
- And completely irresistible
It’s quite obvious that I’m a fan of no bake brownies – I love making batches of both my Oreo fudge brownies and my triple layer peanut butter cookie dough brownies. Pairing my favorite brownie base with my childhood favourite chocolate bar, makes these the ultimate plant based dessert.
These no bake bars are super easy to make and require just 7 natural ingredients
- Cacao Powder
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil
And trust me when you realise just how good they are, this recipe will become one of your dessert staples.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 5-6 bars
for the brownie base
for the peanut caramel
for the chocolate coating
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- Start by making the peanut butter brownie bar. Add all of the bar ingredients to the blender and blitz until the mix comes together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and using your hands, divide in to 5-6 equal balls.
- Shape each of the balls in to a bar. Place the bars on to a sheet of grease proof paper and in to the freezer to set.
- Make the date caramel by adding the dates, peanut butter and vanilla extract to the blender along with 3 tbsps water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once smooth, stir the peanuts in to the caramel until fully coated. Remove the bars from the freezer and top each with a layer of the date caramel. Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- When the caramel is almost set, start to prepare the chocolate coating. Add the cacao butter to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted. Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, maple syrup and peanut butter until smooth and remove from the heat.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and coat each in a layer of chocolate. Repeat until the bars are coated 2-3 times, depending on your preferred thickness of chocolate.
- Return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes. Thaw slightly at room temperate before eating. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge where they’ll last for up to a week, or the freezer where they’ll keep for up to 2 months – but I’m definitely not promising that you’ll be able to make them last that long!