These simple, no bake Oreo protein bars are the perfect plant based snack and taste like an absolute dream. An irresistible chocolate fudge Oreo protein bar layered with a rich chocolate ganache that sinks beneath your teeth and is laced with crushed Oreos. Chocolatey, gooey and packed with that classic cookies and cream flavour – they’re a serious step up from your average protein bar.
I’m still pleasantly surprised about the fact that Oreo’s are one of the foods that make it on to the accidentally Vegan list. I was obsessed with them growing up and there’s definitely been no change since I transitioned to a plant based diet. Whilst I love incorporating them in to a batch of No Bake Oreo Fudge brownies, my Oreo obsession even extends to a bowl of chocolate fudge brownie oreo nice cream at breakfast – with extra Oreo granola sprinkled on top of course!
My batches of homemade protein bars are far too often dessert inspired – whether it’s my ferrero rocher or chocolate ganache flavours, they’re insanely addictive and taste so indulgent that you wouldn’t know that they pack in a generous amount of plant based protein.
I use MissFits Nutrition protein powder which not only provides these bars with a generous 30g of plant protein, but enhances the chocolate flavour and provides them with a fudgey, gooey texture that makes them so addictive. Not only is it a great addition to no bake treats, but it’s what I credit for making all of my nice cream and oat bowls so thick and creamy. It’s my favourite plant based protein powder and as I’m a brand ambassador, you guys can get £5 off your order when you use the code YASMIN5 at the checkout.
These addictive, fudgey bars are so easy to make with just 9 simple ingredients
- Peanut Butter
- Protein Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil
- Cacao Powder
- Nut Milk
I’ve packed Oreo’s in to both layers of these dreamy dessert bars and I can’t decide which part is my favourite! But together they create a protein bar that’s
- And incredibly hard to resist!
Believe me, you won’t be disappointed by their moreish texture and irresistible cookies and cream flavour.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 12 bars
for the oreo protein bar
- 200g dates
- 100g Oreos
- 80g almonds
- 2 scoops MissFits Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder* (Get £5 off with the code YASMIN5)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsps nut milk
for the chocolate ganache topping
- 6 tbsps coconut oil
- 6 tbsps maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 6 tbsps cacao powder
- 4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 50g Oreos
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper – this will make it easier to pull out the bars at the end.
- Start by making the protein bar – add the Oreos and almonds to the blender or food processor and blitz until they form a flour.
- Add the protein powder, peanut butter, dates and nut milk to the blender along with the oreos and almonds and blitz until fully combined. The mix should stick together when you squeeze it between your fingers, if not, add a touch more nut milk.
- Transfer the mix to the lined tin and press down in to an even, compact layer. Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the ganache topping.
- To make the ganache, add the coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted.
- Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth.
- Once fully combined, break up the Oreos in to chunks and stir them in to the ganache until coated.
- Remove the protein bar from the freezer and pour over the ganache. Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before cutting in to 12 equal slices. Enjoy!
*This post contains an affiliate link and discount code, but all opinions remain my own.