It happened almost by accident but no bake desserts seem to have become my trademark and these snickers inspired peanut butter chocolate donuts are another irresistible addition! A fudgey gooey chocolate donut, complete with a sweet peanut butter frosting. They’re sticky, sweet, salty and so delicious!
Donuts have always been one of my favourite sweet treats, whether it was jammy, sugared, chocolate or custard – but none compare to these no bake delights. With their fudgey, gooey texture and rich chocolate flavour they’re completely irresistible!
Snickers was always my favourite chocolate bar growing up and one of my favourites to recreate in plant based form – whether it’s a batch of my original snickers bars, pretzel or brownie variations and even snickers granola at breakfast time. So it’s only natural that when I planned on making a batch of no bake donuts, it was immediately my go-to flavour.
Peanut, chocolate and caramel is the ultimate flavour trio – much like my peanut butter caramel and chocolate oat bars or peanut butter brownie cheesecake bars, it makes these donuts taste like an absolute dream. And you only need 7 ingredients to make them
- Cacao powder
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Nut milk
And whilst mine and my mum’s batch definitely didn’t last long, these are a great one to keep stored in the freezer to grab whenever you need a chocolate hit.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 6 donuts
for the chocolate peanut butter donut
for the peanut butter glaze
- 3 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps nut milk
- Add the almonds and oats to the blender and blitz until they form a flour.
- Add the remaining donut ingredients to the blender along with the oats and almonds and blend until fully combined. The mix should stick together when pressed between your fingers – if not, add a little more nut milk.
- Using your hands, divide the mixture in to 6 equal balls. Take each of the balls and transfer them to the donut mould, pressing down in to an even layer.
- Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the peanut butter glaze by adding the peanut butter, maple syrup and nut milk to a small bowl and stirring until completely smooth.
- Once set, remove the donuts from the freezer. Gently remove each donut from the mould and top with the peanut butter glaze – you can either spread it all across in an even layer or drizzle it on top.
- Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly at room temperature before digging in. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge where they’ll keep for up to a week, or the freezer where they’ll last for up to 6 months.
If you liked this recipe then why not try my Macaccino Cheesecake Bars or No Bake, Chocolate, Cashew and Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies.