Rice Krispies were one of everyone’s childhood favourites and these no bake chocolate peanut butter crispy bars mean that there’s no reason not to enjoy them as an adult too. A crunchy peanut butter bar base complete with a rich chocolate topping. Sweet, sticky, crunchy, chocolaty and only 5 ingredients!
These crispy bars really are one of my simplest recipes, but one of my most delicious too. All that’s required is to mix everything together and pop them in the freezer to set, meaning that this recipe is completely fail proof.
Everything about these bars is so nostalgic – from the rice puffs themselves, to their crispy texture and the simplicity of making them. But it’s definitely their moreish texture that I love the most. The crunch makes them so satisfying to bite in to and pairs perfectly with the creamy peanut butter and rich chocolate topping, all of which is naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
The majority of my sweet treats contain both chocolate and peanut butter, whether it’s a batch of my no bake peanut butter cookie dough brownies or peanut butter brownie cheesecake bars, But these bars are my new go-to – ridiculously easy to make, with a nostalgic flavour and satisfying crunchy texture.
What makes these bars so easy to make?
- One bowl
- 5 ingredients
- No baking
- Prepped in 5 minutes
I can’t decide whether the hardest part is resisting the temptation to eat all of the mix straight from the bowl or waiting long enough for them to set in the freezer! But the end result is a bar that’s
- And so moreish!
You could always use puffed buckwheat or quinoa in place of the puffed rice and the peanut butter can easily be substituted for almond butter. I’ve also made these bars with additions such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips and raisins, which only made them even more delicious.
These peanut butter packed crispy bars are the perfect after dinner treat, snack or I have been known to sneak them in at breakfast time too!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 12 bars
for the chocolate peanut butter crispy bar
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 and 1/4 cups peanut butter (I used a mixture of smooth and crunchy)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
for the chocolate topping
- Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper – this will make it easier to pull out the bars at the end.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup to a large mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Fold the rice krispies in to the peanut butter and maple syrup until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture in to the lined baking tin and press down in to an even, compact layer. Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small pan, place over a low heat and heat through until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the peanut butter crispy base and spread in to an even layer.
- Return to the freezer to set for an hour. Remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before cutting in to 12 equal bars.
- These bars will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or I like to freeze the rest of my batch, where they’ll keep for up to 2 months. Enjoy!