Autumn is the perfect excuse to add pumpkin spice to everything and these simple pumpkin spice chocolate chip blondies are the best way to enjoy its classic flavour. Buttery, moist, fudgey and packed with gooey melted chocolate chips, they’re the perfect dessert for this time of year.
Whilst I’m definitely a no bake girl at heart, I have turned my hand to baking a little more recently and it’s slowly starting to cause me less anxiety each time. Baking a batch of granola is pretty much fail proof, and I love to whip up a batch of my cashew butter flapjacks or simple chocolate chip oat cookies – but these blondies have definitely topped them all.
I love chocolate brownies, but there’s something about the unique caramelised taste of a blondie that’s equally as delicious. And these blondies are a dream; packed with pumpkin spice, a hint of caramel from the coconut sugar, gooey chocolate chips and a perfectly moist buttery texture – they are so delicious.
What makes these blondies so easy to make?
- Prepped in under 5 minutes
- 8 ingredients
- One bowl
- Simply mix and bake
The hardest part is resisting the temptation to eat the mix straight from the bowl!
These flavour packed blondies only contain 8 simple, affordable and plant based ingredients
- Ground almonds
- Buckwheat flour
- Baking powder
- Coconut sugar
- Pumpkin spice
- Almond butter
- Chocolate chips
- Apple sauce
To create a perfectly moist, buttery and flavour packed blondie!
These blondies are delicious served warm with a generous dollop of vanilla ice cream and they’ll keep for up to 5 days in airtight container. But as with all of my sweet treats, I like to store the rest of my batch in the freezer. They’re delicious reheated from frozen and spread with a thick layer of my chai nut butter and enjoyed alongside a classic pumpkin spice latte.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
Makes 8 blondies
- 65g ground almonds
- 65g buckwheat flour, or flour of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsps coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix (alternatively you could use mixed spice or cinnamon)
- 3 tbsps chocolate chips
- 3 tbsps almond butter
- 100g smooth apple sauce
- Line a baking tin with grease-proof paper and pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Add the ground almonds, flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and pumpkin spice to a large mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Once combined add the almond butter and apple sauce to the bowl and mix again, until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips in to the blondie mixture.
- Transfer the mix to the lined baking tin and place in the center of the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before cutting in to 8 equal blondies. Enjoy!