These irresistible no bake bars are packed with everything that makes Smores so delicious, but with no baking or campfire required – so you can get your Smores fix whenever you fancy! A buttery biscuit base combined with gooey date caramel, a fudgy chocolate ganache topping and fluffy marshmallows. They’re sweet, chewy, crunchy and so addictive.
It wasn’t until earlier this year that I tried my first ever Smores – although I do have to admit that they were cooked in the oven and we may have burnt some marshmallows in the process! But I can completely understand the hype surrounding them. There’s something about the trio of chocolate, biscuit and toasted marshmallow that makes them so delicious!
Inspired by the classic campfire Smores, these no bake bars are so easy to make with just 7 ingredients
- Vegan digestives
- Coconut oil
- Cacao Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut butter
- And that’s it!
I couldn’t resist sneaking a layer of my trademark salted date caramel (which also features in my chocolate hazelnut cheesecakes) in to these bars – whilst the marshmallows aren’t toasted, it helps to provide that all important caramelised flavour and makes these already irresistible bars extra delicious.
The best part about these bars is that they bring all the fun of the campfire inside and you don’t have to take a single step outside to make them! Yet they’re still packed with the iconic Smores flavour to create a bar that’s
- And so tasty!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 12 bars
For the biscuit base
For the date caramel (optional)
For the chocolate layer
- 6 tbsps cacao powder
- 6 tbsps coconut oil or cacao butter
- 6 tbsps maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 4 tbsps peanut butter
- 75g Vegan marshmallows
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper – this will make it easier to pull the bars out at the end.
- To make the base, add the biscuits to the blender and blitz until they form a fine crumb.
- Add the dates and coconut oil to blender along with the biscuits and blend until the mix comes together.
- Transfer the biscuit mix to the lined baking tin and press down in to an even layer – I find that it’s easiest to use the back of a spoon to do this. Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the caramel and ganache topping.
- To make the date caramel, add the dates and peanut butter to the blender along with 2 tbsps water. Blend until smooth and creamy, set aside.
- To make the ganache, add the coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted.
- Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Stir in the Vegan marshmallows and half of the date caramel.
- Remove the brownie from the freezer and spread the remaining half of date caramel over the base before pouring over the ganache. Return to the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before cutting in to 12 equal slices. Enjoy!