Who can resist a fudgey, gooey chocolate brownie?! These no bake pistachio caramel brownies are definitely too hard to say no to. An irresistibly gooey nutty chocolate brownie and a layer of pistachio laced date caramel, topped with a sweet, fudgey chocolate ganache that sinks beneath your teeth. They’re salty, sweet and ridiculously delicious.
I love pistachios – their salty, roasted flavour is so moreish and they make the best addition to both sweet and savoury recipes; whether it’s nice cream topped with chocolate pistachio granola or my roasted pistachio and pesto brown rice bowl for a speedy weeknight supper. Their rich nutty flavour is the best addition to these brownies and completely upgrades them to something extra special.
I have to admit that going to the effort of de-shelling 100g worth of pistachios was not a fun task and a little too time consuming for my liking. But every second was worth it when the outcome is a sweet treat that tastes as good as this – these brownies are
- And so delicious!
But if you want to skip such a tedious task then please do yourself a favour and don’t make the same mistake that I did and instead opt for shelled pistachios.
Whilst each layer of these brownies is delicious in it’s own right, the layer of sticky date caramel has to be a highlight. A simple blend of medjool dates, nut butter and a splash of water creates a smooth caramel which is so moreish that it barely even makes it on to these brownies without me devouring the whole lot with a spoon! For this recipe it’s then packed with roasted pistachios to create the perfect balance between salty and sweet, whilst somehow making it even for addictive too. Combined with the nutty base and fudgey chocolate ganache topping, it makes these brownies the absolute dream.
Brownies are undoubtedly one of my favourite sweet treats, whether it’s my classic nutty chocolate fudge brownies or peanut butter cookie dough flavour – I love how easy they are to make (baking cause me way too much anxiety) yet the outcome is a decadent dessert that never fails to satisfy all of those sweet cravings.
These indulgent brownies are a great sweet treat to keep stashed in the freezer and are super easy to make with just 8 simple ingredients;
- Cacao Powder
- Nut Milk
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
Although I have to admit that they’re so irresistible that my batch definitely didn’t last that long!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
for the pistachio brownie base
- 100g pistachios
- 80g almonds
- 200g medjool dates
- 5 tbsps cacao powder
- 5 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsps nut milk
for the pistachio caramel layer
for the chocolate ganache topping
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
- Start by making the base; add the nuts to the blender and blitz until they reach a flour like consistency. Add the remaining base ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the base to the lined baking tin and spread in to an even, compact layer. Pop the tray in to the freezer to set whilst you make the date caramel.
- Add the dates and peanut butter to the blender along with 4 tbsps warm water. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Once smooth, fold in the pistachios until fully combined. Spread the date caramel evenly across the base layer and return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the ganache topping by melting the coconut oil over a low heat. Once fully melted add in the maple syrup, cacao powder and peanut butter and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour over the caramel, spreading it out in to a smooth, even layer. Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly before cutting into X equal slices and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge where they’ll keep for up to a week, or the freezer where they’ll keep for up to 3 months if you want them to last longer. Enjoy!