No bake brownies that taste like the real thing? These simple chocolate coconut brownies are the answer. Featuring a perfectly fudgey and gooey chocolate brownie complete with a rich ganache topping – this is my best brownie recipe yet.
Some of the best sweet treats involve both chocolate and coconut, including my Vegan bounty bars, and these no bake brownies are no exception. They’re the closest you’ll get to a baked brownie, without any baking required at all!
I’ve always been a chocolate addict, so naturally brownies are one of my favourite desserts. I love experimenting with different flavours and some of my favourite are my
- No Bake Biscoff Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies
- No Bake Oreo Fudge Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Nutty Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Chocolate and coconut is the perfect pairing and probably one of my all time favourites and these no bake brownies are the ultimate way to enjoy it. The simple mix of desiccated coconut, ground almonds and dates creates a perfectly fudgey, gooey brownie base, complete with a sweet ganache that makes them so irresistible.
I don’t know quite how I managed it, but these brownies really do taste as if they’ve been baked! They’re
- Perfectly moist
- And so addictive!
And only require 7 simple ingredients
- Dessicated coconut
- Ground almonds
- Cacao powder
- Coconut oil
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
The fact that they’re no bake means that this brownie recipe is 100% fail proof. It’s as easy as mixing everything together before transferring it to the freezer to set. And when you realise just how easy to make and completely delicious they are, you’ll want to make them again and again and again…
Whilst the ganache in this recipe is a little different than used in previous recipes, I would say that it’s even tastier. And it’s probably what’s responsible for making these brownies so hard to resist!
These sweet, fudgey chocolate brownies make the perfect after dinner treat, but I have been known to chop them up and stir them in to a bowl of creamy chocolate protein nice cream for breakfast too.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 8 brownies
for the coconut brownie base
- 1 and 1/2 cups medjool dates
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
for the chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper – this will make it easier to pull out the brownie at the end.
- Add the dates, desiccated coconut, ground almonds, cacao powder and peanut butter to the blender or food processor and blitz until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tin and spread in to an even, compact layer.
- Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the ganache.
- To make the ganache, add the coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted.
- Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Remove the brownie from the freezer and pour the ganache on top, spreading out in to a smooth and even layer.
- Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour, or until firm. Once set, remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before cutting in to 8 equal slices. Enjoy!
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or I like to keep the rest of mine in the freezer where it will last for up to 2 months.
This post contains links to products which were gifted to me, but all opinions remain my own.