These 3 ingredient chocolate peanut butter chews are one of my simplest and most delicious dessert recipes yet. A sweet, chewy peanut butter center encased in a layer of dark chocolate. If you were a fan of Toffee penny’s or Rolo’s, then this is the sweet treat for you.
When it came to the box of sharing chocolates at Christmas time, the chewy toffee penny’s were always my favourite. I’ve always loved anything with nuts or caramel, so these Vegan chews are the perfect replacement. Packed with peanut butter and dates, they achieve the perfect chewy toffee texture whilst tasting delicious too.
These simple chocolate peanut butter chews are a great one for sharing – although they taste so good that you probably won’t want to! They make a great movie night snack, nice cream bowl topping or are delicious melted on to oats.
Other than my 3 ingredient chocolate hazelnut truffles, these chews have got to be my simplest sweet treat yet. It’s a case of blending the dates with the peanut butter and leaving them to chill before coating each one in melted chocolate and leaving them to set in the freezer. So I’m pretty certain that that makes this recipe fail proof!
These moreish toffee bites are ridiculously addictive, but luckily they’re so quick and easy to make with just 3 ingredients
- Peanut butter
- Dark chocolate
They also happen to be 3 of my all time favourite ingredients and feature in most of my recipes, from my chocolate hazelnut caramel cheesecake bars to chocolate peanut butter date granola and no bake Oreo fudge brownies.
And trust me, these peanut butter toffees taste so good, it’s hard to believe that they have such few ingredients. But together they create a sweet treat that’s
- Insanely addictive!
I love to keep a batch of these in the fridge or freezer for a quick snack or breakfast bowl topping and they’re incredible dipped in extra peanut butter or tahini too!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 10-12 chews
- Add the dates and peanut butter to a blender and blend until they form a smooth, sticky paste.
- Using your hands, take a small amount of the mixture and shape in to a small square shaped chew and place on to a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture, until you have 10-12 chews.
- Place the chews in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Add the chocolate to a small pan, set over a low heat and heat through until fully melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and take the chews out of the freezer.
- Coat each of the chews in a layer of melted chocolate before returning to the freezer for an hour, or until the chocolate is set.
- Remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before eating.
- These chews will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or I like to freeze the rest of my batch, where they’ll keep for up to 2 months. Enjoy!