I love recreating my favourite takeaway or restaurant dishes at home and this coconut curry bowl with mango tahini sauce is inspired by some of my favourite Indian dishes. Featurting a spiced creamy coconut jackfruit curry, sticky coconut rice and veggies with a moreish mango tahini sauce. It’s a delicious, satisfying plant based dinner that I’m completely obsessed with.
This coconut curry bowl is is a healthier – and dare I say even more delicious take on my favourite Indian takeway. This nourishing bowl is
- Simple to make
- Flavour packed
- And so tasty!
Peshwari naan is undoubtedly the highlight of an Indian takeaway for me and whilst it might not be the easiest side to recreate at home, the coconut rice is the perfect alternative to get your coconut fix.
I love using rice as the base for my buddha bowls and the mix of tahini and desiccated coconut in this recipe makes it perfectly sticky and sweet. Some of my other rice bowl recipes include
- Sticky Peanut Butter Brown Rice Bowl
- Creamy Curried Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Buddha Bowl
- Peanut Butter Satay Buddha Bowl
- And my Cheesy Tahini Rice Bowl
The highlight of this bowl has got to be the creamy coconut infused mango tahini sauce. Tahini and mango chutney are 2 of my all time stand alone favourite condiments, but combining them together with coconut milk creates a moreish dressing that is so irresistible. It also tastes amazing drizzled over a juicy kale salad or served with roasted veggies.
This hearty dinner bowl complete with its addictive dressing has become my new weeknight go-to. It’s the perfect speedy plant based supper, but you could always cook up a bigger batch of the curry to make it even quicker! It’s also delicious served in a baked sweet potato or alongside my sticky miso brown rice.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
For the rice
For the mango tahini sauce
For the jackfruit cury
- 1/2 can jackfruit, drained*
- 1/2 400ml can chopped tomatoes**
- 1/2 400ml can coconut milk**
- 1/2 250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Large handful frozen peas
- 1 tsp each cumin and mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp each turmeric and ground coriander
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, cumin, curry powder, turmeric and coriander to a frying pan and set over a medium heat. Stir until fully combined.
- Once the mixture beings to boil, reduce the heat and stir in the mushrooms, jackfruit and peas. Stir until fully combined. Leave to simmer whilst you prepare the rest of the bowl.
- To make the mango tahini sauce, add the tahini, mango chutney and coconut milk to a ramekin along with 1/2 tbsp water and mix until smooth.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and transfer to a small pan along with the tahini and desiccated coconut. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the broccoli to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the sticky coconut rice to a bowl along with the broccoli and jackfruit curry. Top with the mango tahini sauce and a handful of fresh coriander. Enjoy!
*You could also use lentils, chickpeas or your meat alternative of choice.
**Why not use the leftover tomatoes and coconut milk to make another one of my curry recipes?