What’s better than Oreo protein bars? Oreo protein bars with a mint chocolate twist! These delicious bars pack in both the classic cookies and cream flavour, along with a burst of cool mint to create the ultimate plant based protein bar. Chocolatey, fudgey, sticky, sweet and incredibly hard to say no to!
Oreo’s are one of my favourite cookies, but I was quite surprised to find out how many of their other flavours I’d been missing out on. Other than the original, there’s a whole other variety from strawberry to chocolate, peanut butter and even Birthday cake. But it’s safe to say that mint chocolate has quickly become my favourite.
I’ve really been enjoying incorporating Oreos in to my sweet treats recently. I’ve made countless batches of both my no bake Oreo fudge brownies and Oreo protein bars – plus I love Oreo granola sprinkled on my nice cream bowls at breakfast too. But with an added cool mint crunch, these bars are my new favourite.
Mint chocolate was always my go-to ice cream flavour growing up – the sharpness of the mint along with the sweet chocolate is the perfect pairing and the best addition to these bars, which make the perfect after dinner treat.
With just 9 ingredients and no baking required, they’re super easy to make – which is also a blessing considering just how addictive they are! These bars are
- And incredibly hard to resist!
I’ve packed the mint chocolate oreo flavour in to both the fudgey, gooey protein par base and melt-in-your mouth chocolate fudge ganache topping of these bars. Making them the perfect way to get both your mint choc and cookies and cream fix.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 12 bars
for the oreo protein bar
- 200g dates
- 100g cool mint Oreos
- 80g almonds
- 2 scoops Vivo Life protein powder*
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsps nut milk
for the chocolate ganache topping
- 6 tbsps coconut oil
- 6 tbsps maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 6 tbsps cacao powder
- 4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 50g cool mint Oreos
- Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper – this will make it easier to pull out the bars at the end.
- Start by making the protein bar – add the Oreos and almonds to the blender or food processor and blitz until they form a flour.
- Add the protein powder, peanut butter, dates and nut milk to the blender along with the Oreos and almonds and blitz until fully combined. The mix should stick together when you squeeze it between your fingers, if not, add a touch more nut milk.
- Transfer the mix to the lined tin and press down in to an even, compact layer. Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the ganache topping.
- To make the ganache, add the coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted.
- Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth.
- Once fully combined, break up the Oreos in to chunks and stir them in to the ganache until coated.
- Remove the protein bar from the freezer and pour over the ganache. Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and leave to thaw slightly before cutting in to 12 equal slices. Enjoy!
*This post contains an affiliate link, but all opinions remain my own.