I’m absolutely obsessed with these salted tahini maca caramel fudge shortbread bars – a coconut shortbread base topped with a chewy, gooey salted caramel maca fudge all encased in a layer of dark chocolate. They’re vegan, no bake, simple and most importantly taste like an absolute dream.
I’m never not craving chocolate and bars like this are my go to when it comes to satisfy those cravings – whether it’s my snickers or chocolate caramel truffle bars, I love how each of the different layers come together to create something so satisfying and delicious – with each bite being just as addictive as the first.
I love everything about these bars but I have to admit that the addictive salted tahini fudge layer might just be my favourite – so good in fact that I’ve made batches of it alone. It’s super simple, creamy, sticky, gooey and only requires 4 ingredients
- And maca powder
No bake treats are definitely my speciality – there’s something about the stress of baking that just doesn’t quite sit well with me. Waiting for things to rise, worrying about soggy bottoms or whether it’s cooked in the center causes me way too much anxiety! Whereas bars like this are fail proof every single time. And they’re simple to make with just 9 ingredients, all of which come together to create a decadent bar that’s
- And so satisfying!
Each layer of these bars is delicious in it’s own right – the coco nutty shortbread base melts in your mouth whilst the tahini fudge layer is deliciously sticky and gooey. Both are encased in a layer of dark chocolate to create the most incredible dessert bar. It’s safe to say that my batch definitely didn’t last long at all!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
Makes 6 bars
For the shortbread layer
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 4 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- small pinch of pink himalayan salt
For the salted caramel fudge layer
For the chocolate coating
- Start by making the shortbread base. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until fully combined. Remove the mix from the blender and using your hands, take a small amount of the mixture and shape in to a rectangular bar. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 6 bars. Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the fudge layer.
- To make the fudge, add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Remove the bars from the freezer and divide the fudge equally between them, spreading in to a smooth even layer.
- Return to the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate coating by placing all of the ingredients in to a small pan and setting over a low heat, stirring to make sure that everything is fully combined. Once the cacao butter or oil has melted and everything is fully mixed, remove from the heat.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and coat each in a layer of chocolate. Return to the freezer for a final time to set.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly at room temperate before digging in. Enjoy!