This speedy 10 minute Vegan tikka masala is a simple weeknight supper that I can’t get enough of. Veggies and quorn pieces served in a rich, midly spiced sauce, topped with coriander, mango chutney and a generous drizzle of tahini. It’s quick, easy, satisfying and packed full of flavour.
Curry is one of my favourite dinners and at this time of year, it’s the perfect comforting meal. Some of my go-to curry recipes are my
- Mushroom, Potato and Turmeric Quinoa Curry
- 15 Minute Chickpea and Cashew Curry
- Potato and Peanut Curry
But considering that it can be prepped, cooked and on the table in under 20 minutes, this might be my best yet. Served with soft, pillowy garlic naan – it’s the best speedy weeknight supper.
I love going out for an Indian, but on busy weeknights when that’s not an option, this recipe is a life saver. It’s
- Flavour packed
- So tasty!
And requires just 7 ingredients
- Tikka Masala sauce
- Plant protein of choice
Whilst I love making curry pastes from scratch, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using a jar sauce every now and again too – I always like to keep one in the cupboard as back up and trust me, it’s a life saver after a long day at college or work.
I used Quorn Vegan pieces as the source of plant protein in this recipe, but tofu, tempeh, chickpeas, lentils and beans are all delicious additions too – you could even use a combination for added texture!
This is also a great clear out the fridge recipe, as you can throw in what ever veggies you have left over and it still tastes absolutely delicious. Whilst I went for courgette, broccoli, spinach and mushrooms – aubergine, kale and red pepper would all be great additions too.
I love to serve this tikka masala with soft, doughy garlic and coriander naan bread, a generous drizzle of tahini, roasted cashews, fresh coriander and a generous dollop of mango chutney. Although I’m usually cooking for one having an extra portion to freeze turns this 10 minute dish in to a 1 minute wonder – and my future self is always very thankful for it.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 1 Jar Vegan Tikka Masala Sauce
- 1 courgette
- 1 head of brocolli
- 1 bag spinach
- Handful frozen green peas
- 1 x 250g pack chestnut mushrooms
- 1 pack of Quorn Vegan pieces or substitute of choice eg. 1 x can chickpeas or beans
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Mango chutney
- Naan bread or poppadoms
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan and set over a medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, courgettes, broccoli to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until beginning to brown.
- Add the sauce to the pan, along with the remaining veggies and quorn pieces. Reduce the heat down and heat through for a further 5 minutes, until hot.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over the coriander and cashews. Top with a generous amount of mango chutney and tahini, serve with garlic naan.
- This curry will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or I like to freeze the extra portion where it will keep for up to 6 weeks. Enjoy!