I’ve combined 2 of my all time favourite desserts to create these dreamy rocky road Oreo bars. A crunchy dark chocolate bar packed with Oreo chunks, marshmallows, dates and nuts. They’re crunchy, chocolatey, sweet, gooey, totally delicious and better yet – ridiculously easy to make.
I was surprised to learn that Oreo’s don’t just come in the classic vanilla flavour – birthday cake, peanut butter, mint chocolate, coconut, brownie batter and golden are all available. And not to mention the fact that a regular Oreo is nothing compared to a double stuff center! This recipe combines each and every one of these flavours for an extra special sweet treat.
I love both Rocky Road and Oreo’s as you can tell from some of my previous recipes
- Rocky Road Protein Bars
- No Bake Oreo Fudge Brownies
- Oreo Protein Bars
- Rocky Road Nut Butter Cups
- Mint Chocolate Oreo Bars
- Rocky Road Nice Cream Bowl
- Chocolate Oreo Fudge Brownie Nice Cream
And marrying the 2 together creates the ultimate dessert bar which is definitely one of my all time favourite recipes. All that’s required is to combine 5 simple ingredients
- Dark Chocolate
- Vegan marshmallows
- And dried fruit
To create a bar that’s
- And so delicious!
The hardest part is resisting temptation to not to
- Eat all of the Oreo’s before you start making the recipe OR
- Eat the mix before it’s set!
These bars combine the classic cookies and cream flavour of Oreo’s, with sweet fluffy marshmallows, crunchy nuts, gooey dates and an extra chocolate hit. If you don’t want to experiment as I did and add the different flavours of Oreo, then feel free to stick to the original. Either way, they’re so delicious that you simply won’t be able to resist a slice (or two!).
And you can always use any leftover Oreo’s to make one of my previous Oreo themed recipes!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
Makes 8 bars
- 1 cup of coconut oil or cacao butter
- 3 tbsps maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsps almond milk
- 1 x pack Oreo’s (I used a range of flavours)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1 x pack Vegan marshmallows
- 1/4 cup dried fruit – I used medjool dates
Instead of the coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder and almond milk, you can use 400g melted dark chocolate instead.
- Line a square tin with grease-proof paper and set aside, this will make it easier to pull the bars out at the end.
- Add the coconut oil or cacao butter to a small pan and set over a low heat and heat until melted.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, peanut butter and cacao powder until fully combined.
- Break the Oreo’s in to smaller chunks.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and add in the crushed Oreo’s, nuts, marshmallows and dried fruit. Stir well, ensuring everything is fully coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined tin and spread in to an even compact layer.
- Place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly before cutting in to 8 equal bars. Enjoy!