Forget the main meal, I’m all about dessert and these chocolate biscoff crispy cups are my new favourite. A crunchy biscoff base with a rich chocolate topping and, wait for it, an oozing biscoff caramel center. Sticky, sweet, crispy, chocolatey and so hard to resist.
Biscoff spread’s unique caramelised flavour is ridiculously moreish – It’s delicious on toast, as a nice cream topping or blended up in a smoothie, but I also love incorporating it in to my recipes, including my
But these triple layered crunchy cups complete with their chocolate topping and gooey caramel center have got to be the best yet. And whilst picking a favourite layer is by no means an easy task, the gooey center wins for me everytime.
These cups combine 2 of my favourite desserts – nut butter cups and my crispy peanut butter bars (which I later adapted in to a Biscoff version ) to create a caramel cup that’s
- And so delicious!
And ridiculously easy to make with just 6 plant based ingredients
- Biscoff spread
- Nut butter
- Maple Syrup
- Rice Krispies
- Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
I love these bars as a snack alongside a coffee or as an after dinner treat – but I would be lying if I didn’t confess to adding them to a bowl of chocolate protein nice cream too!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 8 cups
for the crispy base
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/4 cup smooth or crunchy biscoff spread
- 1/4 cup smooth almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
for the biscoff caramel center
for the chocolate topping
- Start by making the crispy base – add the nut butter, Biscoff spread and maple syrup to a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the rice krispies to the bowl and fold in until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mix evenly between 8 silicon or paper cupcake molds and press down in to an even, compact layer.
- Place the bases in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the biscoff caramel center by mixing the biscoff spread and almond butter together in a small bowl, until smooth.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add a heaping tsp of the mixture to the center of each. Place in the freezer to set whilst you prepare the topping.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat, until fully melted. Remove the cases from the freezer and add a layer of the chocolate to the top of each.
- Return to the freezer for an hour, or until the chocolate has set. Leave to thaw slightly at room temperate before eating. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer where they’ll last up to 2 months. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe then why not try my 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffees or No Bake Oreo Fudge Brownies.