When you’re faced with a fruit bowl of over ripe bananas, the only possible answer is banana bread! And these chocolate chip banana bread muffins, loaded with chocolate chips and the perfect banana flavour are ideal for that very occasion. They’re moist, light, fluffy and only require 9 ingredients and 1 bowl.
These chocolate chip banana bread muffins have restored all faith in my baking skills. I might usually be a no bake girl but they’re one of my fave creations to date! The sweetness from the banana and coconut sugar makes them taste incredible and of course, I couldn’t resist adding a generous handful of chocolate chips in to!
Some of my other favourite baking recipes include my
I love baking a loaf of my easy Vegan banana bread, but these perfectly portioned muffins are even simpler to make. And what exactly makes them so easy to make?
- Prepped in 5 minutes
- One bowl
- 9 Ingredients
- Simply mix and bake
The outcome is the perfect muffin that’s
- And so delicious!
I love these muffins served with a generous layer of peanut butter as a snack alongside a frothy coffee or nutella latte, but they also make a delicious breakfast too – because we all know how much of a fan of dessert inspired breakfasts I am!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
makes 8 muffins
- 200g overripe bananas
- 3 tbsps Vegan butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsps almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- 1 cup buckwheat or plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and set aside 8 silicon or paper muffin cases.
- Mash the bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl along with the butter, vanilla extract and almond milk and mix until fully combined.
- Add the coconut sugar, flour, baking soda and powder to the bowl and mix again until you have a thick batter. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Divide the mix equally between 8 muffin cases. Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the cases. Enjoy!