This sweet potato, asparagus and peach brown rice salad with tahini dressing is the perfect plant based lunch or dinner. Packed with plant protein, veggies, crunchy almonds and complete with a creamy honey peach dressing. It’s flavour packed, filling and most importantly – microbiome boosting.
DISCLAIMER | This post was produced as part of a collaboration with Atlas Biomed in which I received their Microbiome Test in return for the creation of this recipe and blog post. The information within the post regarding the test was provided by Atlas Biomed themselves but all opinions remain my own.
I have always been intrigued by at home testing kits and I was recently gifted Atlas Biomed’s Microbiome kit. They are a UK-based, personalised health company with the mission to drive the movement towards preventive healthcare through evidence-based technology which empowers people to make positive lifestyle changes before they get ill.
Everyone’s gut bacteria are totally unique and via their home testing kits, Atlas Biomed provide ground-breaking insights into your personal health, wellbeing and nutrition that can’t be discovered in any other way.
The Atlas Biomed test allows you to
- Learn how microbes can protect you from diseases (your gut microbiome can help protect you from 5 deadly diseases: Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, Obesity, Atherosclerosis and Type 2 Diabetes)
- View your own microbiome diversity score and receive a personalized probiotic bacteria report
- Understand your bacteria’s potential to break down dietary fiber
All that’s required is for you to send off the required sample and within 4-6 weeks, you are provided with a personalised dashboard which provides you with a huge insight in to the health of your microbiome and how best to improve it.
The outcome of the microbiome test includes a personalised list of 10 foods which allow you to optimise your health and improve the diversity of your microbiome. My personalised list of foods (which updates weekly) has formed the basis of this recipe:
- Brown Rice
- Chicory Root
Using my list I have created this delicious brown rice salad that’s packed with plant protein, veggies and complete with a creamy, tangy and sweet peach honey tahini dressing. It’s
- Easy to make
- And microbiome boosting!
It tastes amazing both warm or cold and any leftovers make a great lunch box meal for the next day too!
If you want to receive your own personalized list of microbiome boosting foods, then take the Atlas Biomed Microbiome Test. It’s quick, easy and provides you with an in depth insight of your gut health.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
For the brown rice salad
- 1 serving brown rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet potato
- 5-6 chestnut mushrooms
- 5 asparagus spears
- 1 small handful almonds
- 1 pre-cooked beetroot, chopped
For the dressing
- 1 small peach, chopped
- 2 tbsps tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6. Chop the sweet potato in to bite size cubes and place in the center of the oven with a drizzle of olive oil. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until tender.
- Whilst the sweet potato cooks, chop the remaining vegetables in to bite size chunks.
- Add the veg to a pan and set over a medium heat. Sautee for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the veg cooks, prepare the dressing by adding the peach, tahini, olive oil and honey to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you want a thinner consistency, then add a little water.
- Once the rice and sweet potato have cooked, add them to the pan along with the vegetables and almonds. Mixed until fully combined.
- Stir through half of the dressing and transfer to a bowl.
- Top with the remaining dressing and enjoy!